About Me

My photo
I am a scholar, writer, dancer, traveler, dreamer, adventurer, and tea connoisseur. I love to travel whether it be through volunteering in the Peace Corps, interning internationally or for my own delight.

Thursday, January 5, 2017

....Another Adventure...To India!

Hey all! So I realize that my last post was in April 2015...let me catch you up. I finished my Peace Corps service in Georgia June 2015 and then traveled a few weeks around Europe before heading back to the US. Over the last year and a half I have been pursuing a masters degree in Social Work at the University of Texas at Austin. My program has allowed me to complete my internship portion of my master's degree abroad in...you guessed it India. There all caught up!

Over the next four and a half months I will be serving as a Administrative and Policy Practice Social Work Intern at a non-governmental organization called CASA in Chennai, India. I am super excited about this opportunity since India has always been a place to visit on my bucket list. As far as the internship goes, I will be working with women in nearby villages surrounding Chennai to design and implement more gender equality initiatives. So far that is all I have been able to gather but I'm sure I'll find out more soon enough. Most of this is to put my macro social work studies to practice. While I'm there, I'll be staying at a local women's hostel close to my organization. To learn more about CASA and what it does, I've provided a their website link: http://casa-india.org/

I'll keep you all up to date more once I land since I'm currently typing this overnight at the airport


2 comments: