About Me

My photo
I am a scholar, writer, dancer, traveler, dreamer, adventurer, and tea connoisseur. I love to travel whether it be through volunteering in the Peace Corps, interning internationally or for my own delight.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Great Georgia Farewell Party!

Well I've got three days left in the states before I leave for Georgia. This past week I had a farewell party at one of my favorite pubs in Knoxville with some of my closest friends and family members. It was the best send off that I could ever hope for. My mother and aunt did a toast for me and presented me with special quick dry underwear for my travels. What better way to start a send off! Then my friends began singing acapella  for the whole pub (hope they enjoyed it!) and playing the house instruments. Somehow  after the farewell party ended my friends and I found ourselves picking up a hitchhiker in the pouring rain and dropping him off  in the city before going to a swanky hotel bar to continue the celebration. The events of the night ended with a 3am stop at a late night burger joint.  All and all it was an epic Thursday.

Below are just some of the 96 photos my grandfather took.

The toast after my mom's speech

My friend Alyssa writing her contact information in my farewell book. 

More friends (Georgian flag behind them!)
Music playing!

Singing for the group



We didn't even know that my friend Brandon could even play the piano...he just sat down and started playing this beautiful song.


Spread of the whole party

Well I could put up more photos but this would be an awfully long blog post.  Happy viewing!

-Cheers

1 comment: